We welcome all counselors, whether aspiring or experienced, who want to join us in promoting the profession of mental health counseling and mental health while being part of an ever-growing network. As an active member, you have the opportunity to bear the protected professional title “Consultant:in SGfB” and to further anchor the profession of psychosocial counseling in society together with us.
The specialist title “Consultant:in SGfB” gives you additional proof of quality and distinguishes you through a series of core competencies. By doing so, you demonstrate solid, accredited training, ongoing education, supervision, and ethically sound professional practice.
All the benefits of membership are listed here:
- You are entitled to use the specialist title “Consultant SGfB” / “Consultant SGfB”, or “Counsellor SGfB” and thus strengthen your professional identity.
- You belong to a society that promotes the quality of the counseling profession, professional ethics, and the professional political interests of professional counselors.
- Your consulting competencies are publicly recognized with the SGfB quality label.
- You will be listed in the public directory of SGfB consultants.
- You ensure and develop the quality of your consulting by committing yourself to continuing education and compliance with the Code of Ethics for Consultants SGfB.
- You will benefit from information about events, continuing education, professional literature and documentation, as well as developments and professional policy issues in the field of psychosocial counseling.
- You will receive information on the Federal Higher Professional Examination for Counselors in the Psychosocial Field and other counseling topics.
- As an active member of the SGfB, you support the professional association of counselors in the psychosocial field in anchoring the federally recognized profession.
- You will receive information about developments in Swiss health policy and about the national and international networks of the SGfB.
- In the event of ethical conflicts, you can request advice from the Ethics Committee.
- You have the option of taking out discounted professional liability insurance.
- You will be invited to the Annual General Meeting, where you will be entitled to vote.
- You can get involved in commission and board work and actively support the goals of the SGfB.
- You benefit from a permanent discount of 10% on the offers of healthapp – our partner for modern practice management.
- You benefit from the versatile and extensive membership offers of FH SCHWEIZ.
- You can participate for free in the networking events “SGfB | Sharing Perspectives”.
- Through the SGfB marketplace there is the possibility to advertise your own offers and start calls.
- You can benefit from favorable conditions of the collective professional liability insurance (annual premium CHF 170.-) and the daily allowance insurance (individual calculation). You can find more information here. Any termination of the professional liability insurance must be effected by 30.09. of the previous year, otherwise it is automatically renewed. Upon withdrawal from the SGfB, the professional liability insurance is also no longer valid.
Everything you need to know to become a member of the SGfB is clearly laid out in our admission regulations.
The application form is submitted to the SGfB secretariat together with the required documents. Please note that there will be no pre-clearance for active membership. Verification of the documents is only carried out by the application with the appropriate documents.
The application fee must be paid in advance. It amounts to CHF 300.– for active members with a diploma of a collective member and CHF 800.– for active members Sur Dossier (for a foreign diploma it is CHF 1’000.–). The annual costs for the active membership and thus for the professional title are CHF 210.– and are due before receiving the membership certificate. See also fee schedule.
The specialist title of the SGfB is an additional proof of quality to the diploma of the counseling education. Therefore, active membership must be renewed every three years with evidence of continuing education and supervision. You can find a corresponding form here.
Yes, I want to benefit from the advantages as an active member.